In line with the perspectives outlined by French visionary engineers and humanists, and based on the work accomplished for more than 25 years by the former Center for Prospective and Evaluation of the French Ministry of Research and the Prospective association 2100, the 2100 Foundation will act in two directions:
- Support for the development of university activities in global and regional foresight, respecting the specificities of different civilizations.
- The promotion of global programs, mobilizing key actors on concrete projects, such as the major investments necessary for water and energy resources, the biodiversity of the different continents, the anticipation of migration, ecology, education, health, etc.
Focused on global challenges and experienced in long-term foresight and multidisciplinary analysis of societies, the 2100 Foundation plans to fulfill an essential function on the international scene.
The 2100 Foundation is administered by a Foundation Board. An International Orientation Council will also be responsible for advising, guiding and ensuring the scientific quality of the Foundation’s work.
A body governed by French law, the Foundation has an international vocation and will forge partnerships in the various regions of the world by relying on a network of long-standing contacts established by its leaders.
The activity of the 2100 Foundation has three components: prospective research, persuasion, transmission.
- Research: encourage university research, in particular by creating chairs and funding theses, scholarships and study trips.
- Persuasion: publicize foresight and macro-engineering work, and acquire the status of an international referent capable of influencing the programmatic decisions of major public and private actors.
- Transmission: facilitate the transmission of long-term prospective techniques, a major stake in intergenerational communication. Training and awareness-raising actions will be carried out with different audiences, including in schools.